• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driver respons. assessment/$300.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehada220

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a speeding ticket driving in NY and I paid the ticket. I received an additional letter from the Newburgh Town court NY requiring me to pay $300.00 for a driver responsibility assessment (section 1199 and 503(4) of the vechicle traffic law). The letter state that it apply to drivers regardless of where they are license. I have a PA License.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a speeding ticket driving in NY and I paid the ticket. I received an additional letter from the Newburgh Town court NY requiring me to pay $300.00 for a driver responsibility assessment (section 1199 and 503(4) of the vechicle traffic law). The letter state that it apply to drivers regardless of where they are license. I have a PA License.
Cool story, bro.

NY uses that money to pay off the referees in the Superbowl to give the Giants a few "iffy" calls.

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/drp.htm

You Are Guilty

Better hope all the bad drivers in NY didn't pay enough in penalties this year, or else you won't have any more excuses for the Pats losing (again :D)

Who must pay a driver responsibility assessment?

You must pay the driver responsibility assessment if any of the following incidents occur:

you are convicted of an alcohol-related traffic violation and the violation occurred in NYS on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
you are convicted of a drug-related traffic violation and the violation occurred in NYS on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
a DMV hearing determines that you refused a chemical test and the refusal occurred in NYS on or after November 18, 2004 (includes boats and snowmobiles); or
you receive six or more points on your NYS driver record during a period of 18 months and the violations occurred in NYS, Quebec or Ontario on or after November 18, 2004.

speeding is not by itself cause for this assessment.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What's your question?

There is nothing wrong or questionable about anything you've described. That's how the system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">