• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving a friends car and got a 833 dollar ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aordd69

What is the name of your state?Washington City: Spokane~

anyway i was driving my friends car to mcdonalds he was fixing mine.. i got pulled over for no driver side mirror $101 because i only had the rear view mirror no side veiw ones. rest of the ticket was failure to show proof of insurance $538 becuase i didn't have insurance with the car. the cop asked me for registration which i didn't have any there was none in the car and the cop took out the temp in the back and there wasn't anything written in it only the date wrtten on the back... the cop made me sit there for like 40 mins trying to figure out if it was a criminal offense to have it in the car not filled out proporly. then he said the registration was over 2 months old after he looked up the vin number then he started to take pictures of the car after that he gave me the ticket which totalled to 833 bucks which was totally gay.he noticed that the tires were in horrible condition and said he didn't feel like writing me up a nother ticket for it. then he keept the temp licese for evidence and said he was going to put it in a report.

i told my friend what happend with the car and he said that the car was suposed to be a insurance rebuild and that after he gets the vehicle inspected that the **** on the ticket will be taken off. i highly doubt this it kinda sucks i use someone elses car and i get stiffed with a huge ass ticket. is there anything i can do for this? or will i have to pay for it?

MoneyShot

No Happy Meal for Either of You!

Aordd69 said:
...which was totally gay....
It's unclear here. You're gay? Or do you think the cop is gay? Maybe the car is gay? Is there a rainbow sticker involved here somewhere?

...and i get stiffed with a huge ass ticket. is there anything i can do for this? or will i have to pay for it?
OK, now it's clear... You're gay, you have a huge ass, you're going to get stiffed (which you like, I guess) and you have to pay for it. I'd be PO'd also. Guys out there getting it for free and you have to pay for it.

Seriously though, your friend is a jerk for loaning you the car while it was not legally drivable (yes, he knew this) and since you were in posession and control of it, I'd think you're responsible for the ticket. If he has any cojones, he'll step up and either help pay for it or see what if any charges can be eliminated or reduced. Can't he just provide proof that the car was insured at the time? (It *was* insured and registered, wasn't it?)

BTW, is he gay too?

BelizeBreeze

Aordd69 said:

anyway i was driving my friends car to mcdonalds he was fixing mine.. i got pulled over for no driver side mirror $101 because i only had the rear view mirror no side veiw ones. rest of the ticket was failure to show proof of insurance $538 becuase i didn't have insurance with the car. the cop asked me for registration which i didn't have any there was none in the car and the cop took out the temp in the back and there wasn't anything written in it only the date wrtten on the back... the cop made me sit there for like 40 mins trying to figure out if it was a criminal offense to have it in the car not filled out proporly. then he said the registration was over 2 months old after he looked up the vin number then he started to take pictures of the car after that he gave me the ticket which totalled to 833 bucks which was totally gay.he noticed that the tires were in horrible condition and said he didn't feel like writing me up a nother ticket for it. then he keept the temp licese for evidence and said he was going to put it in a report.
O.K. nice story.
i told my friend what happend with the car and he said that the car was suposed to be a insurance rebuild and that after he gets the vehicle inspected that the **** on the ticket will be taken off.
Your 'friend' is wrong.
[uote]
i highly doubt this it kinda sucks i use someone elses car and i get stiffed with a huge ass ticket. is there anything i can do for this? or will i have to pay for it?[/QUOTE]
Is there anything you can do about it? Sure, either hire an attorney to contest it in court, which you will lose or, pay the ticket and quit borrowing cars that you KNOW are not legal.

Aordd69

yeah the cop was gay he pulled me over in this here! anyway i have insurance broadform or what ever i can get the insurance part taken off but the other parts i don't think so, this sucks bad..and i didn't know that the car was illegal to drive expect the no mirror part..im going to shove this ticket up my friend's ***

sukharev

Well, tell the judge you have learned your lesson. Also, show him the valid insurance for the car, taken care of. This way, he may reduce the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">