• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with no license/suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Franchise23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Ok so My license was suspended and I was set to get it back like 1 week before i got pulled over. I had a restricted licebse an was able to drive to an from work, but it expired the day my suspension did which i didnt know. It also turns out a speeding ticket i had gotten a few weeks before the suspension ended had extended the suspension but i never got the letter from that until after all this happened. So I got a driving with no license ticket and about 8-9 days later i got pulled over once again for speeding and got another driving with nolicense along with speding this time. So my license is still suspended until feb 14th of 2009 and ive gone to court for both tickets and talked to the DA and all they did was set a court date for dec 22nd for both tickets. I cant postpone the court date any longer or I would until after i got my license back but i cant. What would be the best defense, or what would they possibly lowere it to when i meet with the DA one last time before the 22nd to see if we can work out a deal? anything i could try to avoi any jail time? My license was suspended the entire time so does that make a difference? Thanks for any and all help.

The Occultist

Your best bet is to seek representation of a traffic attorney. Local attorneys know what the courts want to hear, and as such present the most potential in yielding the favorable results you seek. Many attorneys will offer a free/cheap consultation, so take advantage and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">