• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving with permit but no licence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerner

I live in New York here is my question: My girlfriend is 22 and she just recieved her permit (i know why so late). The problem is she dosent really have anyone to teach her to drive because of her situation(she lives with me, has no parents to teach her, my parents work and dont really have the time). So the only person to teach her how to drive is me and I am only 20. The permit paper says she has to be with someone at least 21 years of age.
What will happen if we get pulled over while im trying to teach her how to drive?

Antigone*

I live in New York here is my question: My girlfriend is 22 and she just recieved her permit (i know why so late). The problem is she dosent really have anyone to teach her to drive because of her situation(she lives with me, has no parents to teach her, my parents work and dont really have the time). So the only person to teach her how to drive is me and I am only 20. The permit paper says she has to be with someone at least 21 years of age.
What will happen if we get pulled over while im trying to teach her how to drive?
If she gets caught breaking the rules she may get her permit taken away and delay the issuance of her license. She could also be subject to fines as well as whatever other punishment the court deems appropriate.

lerner

is there any way to tell what will exactly happen acroding to the law?

Last edited:

Dillon

if me i would not tell the officer or magistrate my AGE, i think that might incriminate me.

if officer testifies i am 20 or 22, i would ask officer if he/she was at my birth?

Last edited:

CdwJava

officer, i dont own a license, am i required to own one?
If you are driving a car on the public roadway, you are required to have been issued one and have it in your possession. So, the answer would essentially be, "Yes."

But, that is not the question here so it is not relevant.

If the OP's girlfriend gets caught driving without a license and without a licensed driver in the car of the appropriate age then the OP's gilfriend can - and probably will - be cited.

Dillon

If you are driving a car on the public roadway, you are required to have been issued one and have it in your possession. So, the answer would essentially be, "Yes."
involuntary servitude is against the law, #13 i believe

how am i required to carry government property (AKA the license) without compensation, when passing on the public easement (AKA the common way) with my private property?

ease⋅ment means:

–noun 1. Law. a right held by one property owner to make use of the land of another for a limited purpose, as right of passage.

"By your words you will be declared innocent, or by your words you will be declared guilty." - matthew 12:37

Who told you that you were driving? - genesis 3:11

Last edited:

lerner

this thread is confusing me, what is the best thing i should do?
1: continue to teach her and take a chance.
2:the risk is not worth it.

what is the best thing to say is you choose number 1 and we get pulled over

CdwJava

She can get cited for driving without a license. I am not going to research the laws in your state, but I think it is safe to say that if she drives outside the scope of her permit, she may lose the ability to gain her license. If she is driving YOUR car, you might get cited for allowing an unlicensed driver to operate your vehicle.

If you are a gambler - and she is - then give it a go. Also keep in mind that because she is unlicensed, there is a very real chance that the ownewr of the car will not be covered by insurance should something happen.

Dillon

If she is driving YOUR car, you might get cited for allowing an unlicensed driver to operate your vehicle.

If you are a gambler - and she is - then give it a go. Also keep in mind that because she is unlicensed, there is a very real chance that the ownewr of the car will not be covered by insurance should something happen.
no one was driving motor vehicle equipment, just passing with private property on the public easement by Right.

the courts have ruled that a Right (to passage) cant be converted to a privilige (to drive)?

Last edited:

CdwJava

no one was driving motor vehicle equipment, just passing with private property on the public easement by Right.

the courts have ruled that a Right (to passage) cant be converted to a privilige (to drive)?
Dillon, if the OP tries to make THAT argument at trial, they will lose. You unsubstantiated dictionary definitions and obscure references to unrelated federal law are irrelevant to state laws concerning traffic matters.

You really need to stop this claptrap ... someone just might buy it and suffer as a result.

Dillon

get a law dictionary and do your homework, or pay the fine

Dillon

1. i would continue teaching her, but on private property (not open to the public), thats me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">