• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on a permit on vacation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My 15 year old daughter will be taking drivers' ed in June :eek: , and according to Indiana law, will be able to drive with a parent or guardian in the car with her. She won't be 16 until next January, so she won't have an actual license until February.

I'm taking her on vacation the week after drivers' ed is completed. Will she legally be able to drive in other states if either of her parents are in the passenger seat?

We'll probably be going from Indiana to Colorado (through IL, MO, KS), and then who knows where we'll end up. We'll probably make it out to CA, but we might head further north instead. (Our vacations are always an experience. Three weeks of camping somewhere, but who knows where!) Dad will be at conference in CO, where we'll pick him up, which is why it's the jumping off spot for the rest of the vacation.

Thanks all. I know you guys have the answers I seek. :DWhat is the name of your state?

ENASNI

Indiana Filer said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My 15 year old daughter will be taking drivers' ed in June :eek: , and according to Indiana law, will be able to drive with a parent or guardian in the car with her. She won't be 16 until next January, so she won't have an actual license until February.

I'm taking her on vacation the week after drivers' ed is completed. Will she legally be able to drive in other states if either of her parents are in the passenger seat?

We'll probably be going from Indiana to Colorado (through IL, MO, KS), and then who knows where we'll end up. We'll probably make it out to CA, but we might head further north instead. (Our vacations are always an experience. Three weeks of camping somewhere, but who knows where!) Dad will be at conference in CO, where we'll pick him up, which is why it's the jumping off spot for the rest of the vacation.

Thanks all. I know you guys have the answers I seek. :DWhat is the name of your state?
I would like to help you Indiana But that is an awful lot of Googling to do. So, I am just going to commiserate with you. My daughter just started driving; it is scary monster stuff huh?

Good luck and have fun. (Wish I was there... wherever you end up)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">