• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving on revoked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mainman423

i was pulled over for driving on revoked, i have been able to reinstate my license since june 2011, my question is if i get my license back before my court date will they drop the charge of driving on revoked? state of tennessee

sandyclaus

i was pulled over for driving on revoked, i have been able to reinstate my license since june 2011, my question is if i get my license back before my court date will they drop the charge of driving on revoked? state of tennessee
Probably not.

The charge was that you were driving when your license was revoked. Whether you got it back after the fact is irrelevant.

mainman423

just wondering because i know for a fact they do dismiss such cases as no insurance as long as you show up to court with proof that you have it at that point in time, just wondering if this may lie under the same category

sandyclaus

just wondering because i know for a fact they do dismiss such cases as no insurance as long as you show up to court with proof that you have it at that point in time, just wondering if this may lie under the same category
Having insurance is a whole different thing.

Your license was REVOKED, not expired. They took it away from you for a reason. If you were driving during the period when you were not supposed to be driving, they aren't likely going to dismiss that for you simply because you managed to earn your driving privilege back at a later time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">