• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on Shoulder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patpatriot

What is the name of your state? PA

I was pulled over for driving on the shoulder, is this a beatable charge? Since Traffic was stopped and I was within 100 yds of the off ramp and following 3 other cars that had driven onto the shoulder to get off, I feel this is a bogus charge and especially since the ticket is for $118 it seems way excessive.What is the name of your state?

For some reason, the trooped only decided to stop me and the car I was following, the 2 other cars got away!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? PA

I was pulled over for driving on the shoulder, is this a beatable charge? Since Traffic was stopped and I was within 100 yds of the off ramp and following 3 other cars that had driven onto the shoulder to get off, I feel this is a bogus charge and especially since the ticket is for $118 it seems way excessive.What is the name of your state?

For some reason, the trooped only decided to stop me and the car I was following, the 2 other cars got away!!!

How old are you? You have the attitude of a spoiled youngster. You were 300 FEET from the offramp. That's a football field. You should have waited like everyone else who follows the law. As for why only 2 out of 4 got stopped...How do you expect 1 person to stop 4 vehicles?

patpatriot

Wow, Nice helpful response ZIG!

Actually I'm 38 have a clean record and have been serving my country for the last 18 years, so I don't think I'm spoiled. Thanks for the helpful info though

FlyingRon

Well he was just giving you a does of reality:

1. Driving on the shoulder is illegal, even for much less than 300'. I've seen cops pull people over for doing it less than a car length.

2. The fact that others "got away" with it is not a defense. The fact that at least some other than yourself didn't is pretty telling.

You can go through yourself on the mercy of the court, but there isn't any legal defense that is going to work for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">