• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on shoulder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wisenut

What is the name of your state? California LA

I was over taking the truck from merging lane in freeway. I think I drove over the shoulder. CHP gave me the ticket of driving on right shoulder. I already have taken traffic school in last 18 months. Can anyone tell me How to get rid of the this ticket. The violation is 21755.

I will appreciate any positive advice in this regard.

Thanks

seniorjudge

I am assuming (from all your prior posts) that your driving record would prevent you from plea bargaining down to a non-moving violation.

Is that right?

CdwJava

This is the violation and contains the elements the state must show:

21755. The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass another
vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement
in safety. In no event shall such movement be made by driving off
the paved or main-traveled portion of the roadway.​
There is no way to "get rid" of the ticket. You can ask for notes, etc. in discovery and then go to court and HOPE the officer does not show, and you can even beg to be allowed to attend a second traffic school (yes, there IS a second school you can attend with the court's approval).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">