• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RICH123

I live in Va But got a ticket in NJ county north bergen for driving on suspended after a car accident (which was not my fault). I am trying to find out the possibillty of getting the driving on suspended exspunged or tooken off since i didnt know i was driving on suspended

Antigone*

I live in Va But got a ticket in NJ county north bergen for driving on suspended after a car accident (which was not my fault). I am trying to find out the possibillty of getting the driving on suspended exspunged or tooken off since i didnt know i was driving on suspended
It will not be possible to have the driving on a suspended tooken(sic) off your record.:cool:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Not knowing is not a justification for most offenses.

And why would you think it's relevant that the accident was not your fault? In a sense it was since you shouldn't have been driving to begin with.

I would consider the fact that your insurance company may decide not to get involved with this since you had a suspended license and shouldn't have been driving to begin with. You might have some big bills coming your way.

FlyingRon

If you didn't know, that's also your fault. Virginia just doesn't turn off your license without notice. Either you ignored the notice, or you failed in your obligation of giving them a good address to reach you at.

The only good part of this is that you were NOT a NJ resident. As horrendously bad as it is to get caught driving in VA without a license, doing so in NJ would involve substantial additional surcharges to provide financing to the corrupt state insurance system. Such is the problem when the state legislature is composed largely of personal injury lawyers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">