• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on a Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonah29

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was recently pulled over for not having a city tag in Virginia, when the officer ran my information he found out that my license was suspended, that I had a speeding ticket in West Virginia, a ticket in North Carolina, and I had been fined for not having insurance on a vehicle we owned. And so he charged me with driving with a suspended license.
The ticket in West Virginia had been taken care of, and the insurance turned out to be a mistake because we had sold the car to a junk yard who had not notified the DMV. The ticket in North Carolina was for not wearing my seatbelt and we took care of that. I never knew that my license had been suspended but what am I looking at here?
Everything is taken care of and my license is no longer suspended. What is going to happen though when I go to court, will I go to jail because of the suspended license? If anybody has any advice or helpful information it would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">