• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jabo

What is the name of your state?Georgia I was pulled over and charged with driving in the gore and suspended license.My suspension was in 1994 on a d.u.i. charge.I never went to d.u.i. school to try and get my licenses back.As far as I know of the Georgia law is that this is a misdemeanor charge that can have a fine up to 500.00 and 6 months suspension and a minimum of 2 days in jail.I'm trying to find out any helpful information that will benefit me on my case which will be on June 8th.I have already enrolled into the d.u.i. school to get that out of the way.Thank's any information would greatly appreciated.

dkpd73

Start saving money for the fine and get ready for some jail time.

The maximum fine will be $1000. You'll probably be maxed out because of your history. The offense carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail. You probably won't get that, but in the suspended license cases I've made, the judge usually imposes jail time.

Were you arrested when you were pulled over, or just cited? Also, what jurisdiction were you in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">