• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving on a suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackiesing

What is the name of your state? California

My husband was pulled over for speeding and driving with a suspended license. His license was suspended for driving under influence of alcohol back in july 2007. He was given a ticket and my car was impounded for 30 days. He was not taken into jail that day. We recieved a letter in the mail that he needs to be fingerprinted before he goes to court on April 25th. My question is what will we expect when he goes to court that day. Will he have to serve time in jail or be fined and do community service. He is currently taking court order classes for his DUI. He completed his work release. My other question is: Will this affect his chances on going into the service.

garrula lingua

It should be a 14601.2, with a mandatory 10 days county jail and fine and probation.

If the courts are different (dui v driving on suspended) or the Prosecutor is inefficient, the prior dui may not be linked with the current charge.
If he is charged with a 14601.1, there is no mandatory jail time, just a fine and probation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">