• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving On A Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paigedixon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I recently recieved a citation for driving on a suspensed license (knowingly).
What can be presented at my court date to have this reduced from a criminal charge?

The officer pulled me over around midnight, however he marked 12 "PM" rather than "AM".
I was in fact at work at 12 PM. Could this help?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I recently recieved a citation for driving on a suspensed license (knowingly).
What can be presented at my court date to have this reduced from a criminal charge?

The officer pulled me over around midnight, however he marked 12 "PM" rather than "AM".
I was in fact at work at 12 PM. Could this help?
As you have already admitted, you KNOWINGLY drove on a suspended driver's license. That, in itself, is all that's necessary to convict you.

The fact that the citation erroneously identified the time as PM instead of AM will be seen for what it is - an excusable mistake that can be easily rectified by the officer who cited you.

Instead of trying to figure out how to shirk your responsibility, I would be trying to figure out what you'll be doing next - as in dealing with the penalties, and planning on how to get around without your vehicle for a bit longer. KNOWINGLY driving on a suspended license will almost certainly result in ADDITIONAL suspension time.

If you weren't willing to accept the consequences of your poor judgment, then you shouldn't have been driving while on that suspended license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">