• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving with a suspended license, I forgot my STAY papers it allows me to drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mavrav

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri is my home state. Last month I was pulled over by the police. My record showed that I had a child support suspended license. I have STAY papers from child support that allows me to drive but I didn't have them on me that day. So, I have the papers now in my possession and presented it to the judge (on June 20, 2011) so he told me to hire a public defender and I pled not guilty because I do have the privilege to drive it's just that I forgot them that day. Will I still be prosecuted?

asiny

Is there a prosecutor involved? If so, present your documentation to the prosecutor. They may impose a fine for 'failure to produce' if they accept your STAY documentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">