• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with suspended liscense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeff1roberts

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My liscense was suspended because I failed to pay a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Will I have to pay a hefty fine and serve jail time? I would rather just pay whatever the fine is and move on and not serve any jail time. This is my first offense. To make matters worse, I got a speeding ticket a week after my assigned court date. I am not the type of person that takes my driving priviliges for granted. I dont want anyone to get that impression. Can anyone advise me on what to do or what are the penalties in Michigan. Thank you.

gawm

The first thing you should do is pay that seat belt ticket and then get your license reinstated.
When you go to court on the driving on the suspended license, if you show the judge or prosecutor that you now have a valid license, they show a lot more leniency. They may drop the DOS charge or they may give you minimum on the fine scale. They may not, but more often than not they do.
As for the speeding ticket, Do they have traffic school in Michigan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">