• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Under Suspension?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kylecondo

I'm in Colorado. About a year back, I lost my license due to points, and was issued a restricted license for driving to and from work and school. I was caught speeding, because I was late for my high school graduation, while still on a restricted license. The court made a deal with me that lead me to believe that if I plead guilty to speeding, it wouldn't affect my license. I paid the fine and court costs, kept my license and went on my way. Now, a couple days ago, I was stopped over a cracked windshield and notified that the license I was carrying was void, something about a continuing charge. I don't even understand how my license could be suspended still, the cop told me to call the offices in Denver and sort things out. I called them and was told that my suspension was extended six months over that speeding ticket and that a notice was mailed to me. Problem is, I never saw that notice. Basically, am I going to jail? Is there any chance of getting off easy or anything like that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">