• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving under suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cranda2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

i lost my license a year ago for a drug charge. i have been eligible to have it reinstated for several months.
last month, i was pulled over and given a ticket for driving under suspension. after i got home and was looking over the paperwork, i noticed that the officer did not write down my correct license number.
someone told me that the case would automatically be dropped, and i didn't need to worry about it.
is this correct and if it's not, should i expect to do jail time?

Isis1

i lost my license a year ago for a drug charge. i have been eligible to have it reinstated for several months.
last month, i was pulled over and given a ticket for driving under suspension. after i got home and was looking over the paperwork, i noticed that the officer did not write down my correct license number.
someone told me that the case would automatically be dropped, and i didn't need to worry about it.
the case will not be automatically dropped over a clerical error.

were you on probation when you received the ticket?

if you have been eligible to get your license re-instated, why did you not actually do so?

Antigone*

A technicality is not a silver bullet. Don't count on getting your license back any time soon.

reactive

Get a lawyer. I predict that, as best, you'll have to pay extra fines and wait longer for license reinstatement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">