• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/o license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdmd1ngd0ng

Hello, I currently moved to California for school, but my question was I recently got pulled over for a routine road block, but I was told that i was to give up my GA license to get a CA one, so i did and it takes up to 90 days for the card to come to me...so when I got pulled over the police officer sited me for driving w/o a license but which i did, i know as a student i dont need to change my license...so what can i do? my car got impounded and i believe it can be up to 30 days....do i need to get an attouney for this or not..thanks

sukharev

jdmd1ngd0ng said:
Hello, I currently moved to California for school, but my question was I recently got pulled over for a routine road block, but I was told that i was to give up my GA license to get a CA one, so i did and it takes up to 90 days for the card to come to me...so when I got pulled over the police officer sited me for driving w/o a license but which i did, i know as a student i dont need to change my license...so what can i do? my car got impounded and i believe it can be up to 30 days....do i need to get an attouney for this or not..thanks
Hmm... as far as I know, there is no "routine road block", this is not a Gasa strip.

However, if you had no other issues with the law at the time, and were not drunk (why would you then post in DUI section?), I would recommend going to DMV, and asking them if your GA license was valid at the time of the stop. I am surprized it was not, because they typically do not cancel the license until new one is issued and valid. This does not excuse you not having valid license on you, but can help in resolving the problems you have now.

FLMommy

Did you go to the DMV to get your new license? Or at least apply for one? They should have given you a temp one (paper form)...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">