• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving w/o license in VA. (susp. in PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ella12866

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I live in PA.
I fell asleep behind the wheel in Draper, VA.(STUPID!) I totaled my truck and received a summons to show in court July 2 for driving without a license(susp. PA.).
I am in the process of having the tickets that caused my license to be suspended expunged at Traffic Court here in Phila. I go to court on July 22. I called VA. and found out that I can send any correspondance to the court in regardes to this and the fact that I live in another state and traveling is difficult. They would decide on July 2, in my absence how much my fine will be and then send me a bill which I'd have 10 days to pay.
I've done some research online and found that they could find me guilty of a misdemeaner. And in my absence set a warrant for my arrest.
Now which is the case? What is the fine if I can do it by mail? Would it pay to have a lawyer and if so, how do I go about getting one from another state to represent me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">