• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/out license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C_Mari

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? HI

I was caught driving without a license. Which I take full responsability for. But I was wondering if I can get it waived seeming as it uis my first offense ever. I've never been in trouble with the law before. The reason I was driving was because my friend I was with was extremely intoxicated and was trying to fight me to let her drive so she could get home. I didn't actually get pulled over, I turned onto a street that I couldn't see to well and ended up turning onto a patch of grass that had a really large pot hole so we got stuck and the neighbor called the cops. Anyways I'm not excusing my fault for driving in the first pace I was just wondering if this can be waived or atleast get the license suspension waived and pay the fees. thanks.

Isis1

I was caught driving without a license. Which I take full responsability for. But I was wondering if I can get it waived seeming as it uis my first offense ever. I've never been in trouble with the law before. The reason I was driving was because my friend I was with was extremely intoxicated and was trying to fight me to let her drive so she could get home. I didn't actually get pulled over, I turned onto a street that I couldn't see to well and ended up turning onto a patch of grass that had a really large pot hole so we got stuck and the neighbor called the cops. Anyways I'm not excusing my fault for driving in the first pace I was just wondering if this can be waived or atleast get the license suspension waived and pay the fees. thanks.
why is your license suspended? which state was it suspended? CA? MA? or HI?

C_Mari

why is your license suspended? which state was it suspended? CA? MA? or HI?
It hasn't been suspended at all yet. I have to go to court in January. But here in Hawaii they normally suspend your license and give you fines for driving without a license.

Isis1

No I've never had a license. But they can still suspend it.
okay. just clarifying no other state was involved.

which would complicate matters.

you can ask for stuff, doesn't mean you will get it.

you should not have been driving. period. doesn't matter. this was not a life saving emergency. you could have simply called 911 the minute she got into the car.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You have no license yet you're concerned about having your driving privilege suspended? I think your concern is very misplaced.

Sounds like a taxi would have been the best bet for your friend.

HomeGuru

**A: go to court and explain the extenuating circumstances to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">