• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/ Suspended License, first offense advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KennyG22

What is the name of your state? MA

Greetings

In February, I was pulled over for an expired vehicle inspection. I was given a simple a $50 fine. Fast forward to a few days ago, I'm pulled over again and told that my license was suspended as of last week due to payment default on that ticket. This was news to me as I hadn't received notification of the suspension from the RMV (the officer let me know that notification was a courtesy and not a requirement.) This was an oversight on my part, I freely admit that, so I'm not expecting to get off scot free, but I'd like to get an idea of what I'm facing.

I've never so much as seen the inside of a courtroom before, so I'm really not sure what to expect. I have no record beyond that stated inpection violation and a handful of parking tickets over the past decade or so. I'm aware that this is a criminal violation and from what I've read there is a provision for minimal jail time even for a first offense. Should I be concerned? Do I need to seek representation? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">