• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/ suspended license in West Palm Beach, FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plz assist

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

I was stopped in Palm Beach, FL. I received a tkt for driving with a suspended Pennsylvania DL. I was unaware it had been suspended. I had moved to FL from PA just after Hurricane Jeane in late September. My last week in PA, I received a tkt for an illegal turn. I had forgotten about the tkt and never received mail at my new address reminding of the tkt or that my license had been suspended. I have now paid for the tkt in PA but am waiting for a clearance to be mailed to me advising that my license is no longer suspended. I have to go to court but I don't know how I should plead. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks!

lwpat

I have now paid for the tkt in PA but am waiting for a clearance to be mailed to me advising that my license is no longer suspended.
You also have to pay a fee to the PA DMV for reinstatement. Your license is not reinstated by the court when you pay the fine. If you have a Florida license then you will also have to pay a fee to the Florida DMV.

Once you have everything corrected take all of your paperwork to the clerk of court and plead for mercy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">