• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving While Suspended.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Regulatur

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

A couple years ago, I received two tickets for speeding and non proof of insurance. I took care of these tickets or it least I thought. I had a friends parent working at the county I received the tickets in the place where you pay them. I paid them but they were never processed. Well in February of this month, I was pulled over and was let known of driving while suspended. The police officer took my plate and took my ID. Now I have shown proof of insurance and paid the ticket. I also have had my DL reinstated after taking care of the whole ticket situation a couple years ago. Everything ok. DL ok, insurance is ok. Now I have to appear in criminal court for my Driving while suspended and it seems pretty serious. What do I do now? Should I get an attorney. The officer put on the citation that I was knowingly of the suspension but like I said I didn't because of the ticket suspension. I now have a warrant for my arrest but I am just waiting the court date. Any advice on what I should do now? Seek an attorney or what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">