• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving without glasses in Arizona ticket is $544

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandimf

Hello I was given a ticket section 28-3480 for not wearing my contacts and the ticket came out to be $544.72, has anyone else gotten this ticket and it been so much?! I feel like this is a mistake, does anyone know what the price of a ticket for not wearing your contacts should be, or does anyone know if this HIGH price is indeed correct. Any information on how to get it reduced would also be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello I was given a ticket section 28-3480 for not wearing my contacts and the ticket came out to be $544.72, has anyone else gotten this ticket and it been so much?! I feel like this is a mistake, does anyone know what the price of a ticket for not wearing your contacts should be, or does anyone know if this HIGH price is indeed correct. Any information on how to get it reduced would also be greatly appreciated, thank you.
You were driving illegally if you need corrective lenses and were not wearing them. Why are you surprised?

Ladyback1

violation of section 28-3480 is a class 2 misdemeanor.

Class 2 misdemeanors in Arizona are punishable by up to four months in jail and a fine of up to $750. (Ariz. Rev. Stat. §§ 13-707, 13-802.) Intentionally exposing another person to an infectious disease is a class 2 misdemeanor.

So, the fine/fee is within the range.

Were you at least wearing glasses?? I mean, if I don't have my contacts or my glasses, I shouldn't even be anywhere near the driver's seat!

violation of section 28-3480 is a class 2 misdemeanor.

Class 2 misdemeanors in Arizona are punishable by up to four months in jail and a fine of up to $750. (Ariz. Rev. Stat. §§ 13-707, 13-802.) Intentionally exposing another person to an infectious disease is a class 2 misdemeanor.

So, the fine/fee is within the range.

Were you at least wearing glasses?? I mean, if I don't have my contacts or my glasses, I shouldn't even be anywhere near the driver's seat!
"Were you at least wearing glasses?"

If the OP had been wearing glasses, he/she never would have gotten a ticket! :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">