• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving without insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dennall

What is the name of your state? ks
i got stopped for having a cracked windshield and was given a warning for that, as well as a ticket for no proof of liability insurance. i was supposed to go to court last week but i was waiting until i got the money to get insurance. i have now got insurance, what will happen when i go to court?

Jeter

You will be fined for driving without liability insurance as your new policy became effective after the date of the offense. Your license may be suspended as well.

Jeter

racer72

If you showed up in court and showed proof on insurance, the citation may have been dismissed. When you didn't show, a bench warrant was issued for your arrest, your driving priveliges have now been suspended and if you are pulled over, besides being arrested, your car will be impounded. You can't just show up in court at your leisure. You may want to go the the courthouse as soon a possible and take care of everything before they find you.

Jeter

Unfortunately you can't just show up at the courthouse by yourself at this point. You will get nowhere on your own. You need to contact an attorney, vacate the warrant and have a new court date issued. You will have to appear in criminal court and you WILL need representation.

Jeter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">