• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Without A License...surprise! (MT)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patrick1337

Roughly two years ago I received a Careless Driving Charge. The penalty was twenty hours of community service. At the time I was fifteen and now I'm eighteen. Directly after the sentencing my father went to the probation officer who said the judge had messed up the paper work and that we didn't need to worry about it and he'd contact us when the community service had to be done.

Time went by and I forgot all about it because the P.O. never tried to contact me. About two months ago I got into an accident ( I was not found at fault by the way, heh. ) The first officer on scene informed me that I'd be driving under a suspended license for six months. I was astounded. It turns out that the probation officer had retired sometime between the Careless Driving sentencing and the point where I received a ticket for driving without a license. I did my community service within a week of that happening and I paid 100$ to have my license reinstated. I'm trying to get ready for college and I don't have the time or the money to take care of a 300$ ticket. I tried talking to the judge and writing the County attorney but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">