• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ENRADD SPEEDER etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BDA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA Bucks county.

Yesterday Enradd 76 in 55. Ticket has wrong year of car and a timing distance of 3'. Strips for Enradd must be 5'. Is wrong ticket information such as this ,reason for dismissal? I know about the 2 officer thing if pleading NG thanks to this informative site but believe ticket infor has to be acurate as well.
Please advise.

Thank you.

Maestro64

Where in Bucks did they have it set up on a 55 MPH road, They tend to have it on local/back roads not highways

Here is the rule on what is required on a citation

234 Pa. Code Rule 403.*Contents of Citation.

as well as this

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter1/s109.html

Here is information on ENRAD and possible defenses see page 8 and beyond

What is the ENRADD and how to beat it

Also some other useful information

PA - Case law for Speeder and other useful info

The ENRAD distance is based on the original design which is 5 feet the new ones which are wireless are only 3 feet. You are correct, the state says it must be calibrated and used over 5ft. There is a recent PA case which the state refused to provide discovery on how the ENRAD was actually tested and qualified specifically the new one and the state won on appeal.

Here is the case law on the subject

http://origin-www.courts.state.pa.us/OpPosting/CWealth/out/2365CD07_6-11-08.pdf

Last edited:

BDA

Reviewed your recommended links.

First must appologize for not answering your questions completely.
611 Bypass is a highway! 2 lanes SB 2 lanes NB. If ENRADD is mainly for back country roads, what is the difference and why? There were other cars ahead of me and some next to me. I was the last car in line and believe they tracked me from behind. My ticket says that the year of my car is different than it actually is by 11 years. Is this significant?
Truth be told I wasn't aware of what my speed really was but relied on the cars in fron to set the pace. They were picking off motorists like flys that day, counted 4 cars at a time pulled over within sight at 1 time 2 NB, 2 SB.

What do you think?

Thanks ,

B

Maestro64

First must appologize for not answering your questions completely.
611 Bypass is a highway! 2 lanes SB 2 lanes NB. If ENRADD is mainly for back country roads, what is the difference and why? There were other cars ahead of me and some next to me. I was the last car in line and believe they tracked me from behind. My ticket says that the year of my car is different than it actually is by 11 years. Is this significant?
Truth be told I wasn't aware of what my speed really was but relied on the cars in fron to set the pace. They were picking off motorists like flys that day, counted 4 cars at a time pulled over within sight at 1 time 2 NB, 2 SB.

What do you think?

Thanks ,

B
Because I travel that road all the time and never seen them set up there with ENRAD, they usually use the white lines on that road and you can always spot the officers sitting off the side of the road laying in wait.

Well the year thing is not important the judge will disregard it, however, since it was a multi-officer operations they all must show. In this area usually only one shows and it is the one who wrote the ticket. So this can be used to your advantage. Also in Bucks they get sloppy about have the original cal certifications. They using only bring copies but if up read the case law listed that is not allow. The Police in Bucks will try and tell you they are not required due to undue burden on them which is not true. They are require to produce the original documents and Bucks county case law on the subject as well that they lost on that fact alone.

Read over all the stuff I provided and you should have an idea what you need to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">