• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entrapment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckers

What is the name of your state?A sign was posted No Left Turn. I made a right turn, moved into the left hand lane and made a legal U-turn. I was cited for a moving violation stating I made an illegal left turn. The police officer’s motorcycle was parked down a side street – the police officer was approximately 50 feet from his vehicle standing (hiding) behind a tree.

I return to the area and took photos of the signage and where I made my U-turn then also took photo’s of the officer who – after seeing me taking pictures of him tried to hide completely behind the tree.

Is this entrapment? Do I have any recourse with this $115.00 fine and 3 point violation?

This happened in the state of Florida.

Sabor

hhmm

If you stated you made a LEGAL u-turn then you have not violated. But the fact here is did you makea LEGAL u-turn. You need to post your pictures somewhereon this forum or url/link to free sharing websitel ike yousendit.com so someone can determine if that was true. If that is the case the officer have seen you only going in hte direction left thinking you just made a left turn. You definetly havea fighting chance. ASSUMING the uturn was legal and you made a right hand turn first, which indicates to me you did not make a illegal left turn, as you first made a right hand turn, followed into a legal u-turn section, and made a uturn . Do research the law on left turn signs from your dmv website as well. I would write, a written declaration and in some way inform the officer of this. Some example would be,

"The officer did cite me for making a left hand turn vc. xxxxx. However, I really had first made a right then a u-turn and it appeared to the officers perspective that I had made a left turn. Although, i do not deny the officer had seen me go in the southbound (lets say thas the left turn direction) direction, I do not believe that he had initially watched me make a u-turn first. The follow are pictures of what i did in sequence yadda yadda." IN other words if hte officer made a mistake and reads that he may default to your perspective if this was truly the case. If not you take it to court and definetly quesiton his credibility and specifics of the indicate in question to prove your case. So to do:

1.Look up left turn law/uturn law on dmv website for you State/county.
2. get some pictures and 2nd opinion if what u did is legal. As its hard to tell from situation given.
Good luck

seniorjudge

duckers said:
What is the name of your state?A sign was posted No Left Turn. I made a right turn, moved into the left hand lane and made a legal U-turn. I was cited for a moving violation stating I made an illegal left turn. The police officer’s motorcycle was parked down a side street – the police officer was approximately 50 feet from his vehicle standing (hiding) behind a tree.

I return to the area and took photos of the signage and where I made my U-turn then also took photo’s of the officer who – after seeing me taking pictures of him tried to hide completely behind the tree.

Is this entrapment? Do I have any recourse with this $115.00 fine and 3 point violation?

This happened in the state of Florida.
Not even close on entrapment:

Definitions of entrapment on the Web:

* A defense to criminal charges alleging that agents of the government induced a person to commit a crime he or she otherwise would not have committed.
courts.delaware.gov/How%20To/court%20proceedings/

* In criminal procedures, a complete defense. The defendant must show that officers induced the defendant to commit a crime not contemplated by him, for the purpose of instituting a criminal prosecution against him.
www.utcourts.gov/resources/glossary.htm

* The damaging admission and trapping of air, flux, and fumes ; It is caused by contamination and plating.
www.pcbuk.com/pcb-e.asp

* This usually occurs when the paddlers’ boat has been pinned against an obstacle. The paddler can then be trapped in the boat by the force of the water or due to the boat collapsing.
www.canoeingdownunder.com.au/glossary.htm

* a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* In jurisprudence, entrapment is a procedural defense by which a defendant may argue that they should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because they were induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit said acts. For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

* Entrapment (1999), directed by Jon Amiel, is a film starring Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was greatly criticised by several critics, with one complaining that the movie was "dedicated to one woman's ass" due to a close-up of Zeta-Jones' posterior being prominent in the trailers for the film. Complaints also arose from Malaysia, with some claiming that the movie depicted Malaysia as a backwards country, and was factually inaccurate. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment_(movie) [I thought it was a great movie....]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">