• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Error in Court Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

punupara

What is the name of your state? WA

I am contesting my speeding ticket in Colfax court. Court has send me the letter which states the date of my hearing, but in COunter mitigation request they have wrong defendant name.

Please advise me on what are my chances to beat the ticket based on this mistake and how should I go with it.

Thanks & Regards
P

racer72

The letter means nothing, it will not be used against you and you cannot use it as a defense to the citation. It does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation. Call the court and let them know an error was made, they will correct it.

The Occultist

OP, what you are demanding, in effect, is that even murderers should be let off the hook if a simple clerical error is made. That really doesn't sound right to me. I hope it doesn't sound right to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">