• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Error on Speeding Summons Spotsylvania, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheresaTeee

I received a summons for speeding in Spotsylvania, Virginia. The radar said i was doing 62 in a 45. I know i wasnt over 57 but that is a moot point I was still speeding.

The summons has space for physical description and states that I have blue eyes when I do not. I clearly have dark brown eyes, can I use this as a cause for dismissal. This is my first offense, I have a clean driving record**************..or am I better off just paying the ticket and consider it lesson learned**************...

Curt581

The summons has space for physical description and states that I have blue eyes when I do not. I clearly have dark brown eyes, can I use this as a cause for dismissal.
No, sorry. It has no bearing on the offense, just an identifier for the DOT

camdenle

Your better off to appear and ask for leniency - driver's school, probation if you do not want to contest it. The insurance increase will be huge....you will most likely lose your good driver discount and get a big surcharge...

Just Blue

I received a summons for speeding in Spotsylvania, Virginia. The radar said i was doing 62 in a 45. I know i wasnt over 57 but that is a moot point I was still speeding.

The summons has space for physical description and states that I have blue eyes when I do not. I clearly have dark brown eyes, can I use this as a cause for dismissal. This is my first offense, I have a clean driving record**************..or am I better off just paying the ticket and consider it lesson learned**************...
Theresa, I am posting this here because you don't have your pm activated. You replied to a post in child custody. Your "advice" was wrong. You should not reply to a thread UNLESS you can back up what you say with the correct statute from the state in question. It is irresponsible.

camdenle

Theresa, I am posting this here because you don't have your pm activated. You replied to a post in child custody. Your "advice" was wrong. You should not reply to a thread UNLESS you can back up what you say with the correct statute from the state in question. It is irresponsible.
Your virilic rant is not appropriate, nor is you lack of ability to READ the case law or look up statutes yourself. No one here owes you any research and this is a forum for consumers to share experience so you are furthermore offbase...:rolleyes:

cepe10

Start you own thread - quit hijacking...

TheresaTeee

Explain

Excuse me, but what of my advice was wrong? Are you saying that my entire custody case is wrong? This was done through the courts, these are the things I was told by the judge, the children's advocate lawyer and personal experience.
My PM will be activated so that you can respond.

Just Blue

Your virilic rant is not appropriate, nor is you lack of ability to READ the case law or look up statutes yourself. No one here owes you any research and this is a forum for consumers to share experience so you are furthermore offbase...:rolleyes:
Excuse me...But was I even talking to you?? I think not!

This forum is to provide LEGAL advice for those in need ....if you want to "share experiences" join a support group for the driving impaired.

Oh and cepe...I didn't "hijack"...I was talking to the OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

"virilic" ??? What word is "virilic"??? :rolleyes:

You are wrong about what the forum is for: yes, it is for consumers to share experience, but the legal info needs to be VALID, or else it's pointles.: How would YOU like it if some numbskull gave YOU invalid info?? This is why statements given as fact should be backed up with references/citations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

Excuse me, but what of my advice was wrong?
Damn near all of it.

TheresaTeee said:
Are you saying that my entire custody case is wrong? This was done through the courts, these are the things I was told by the judge, the children's advocate lawyer and personal experience.
Was it in the same state? The same county? Instead of just blasting around, why not provide references so that everyone can benefit from your SAME STATE experience? If it's not in the same state, it's completely pointless.

Just Blue

Damn near all of it.

Was it in the same state? The same county? Instead of just blasting around, why not provide references so that everyone can benefit from your SAME STATE experience? If it's not in the same state, it's completely pointless.
Sil...T went to the thread and clarified...She meant no harm...just a newbie that didn't know better...be nice...:)

seniorjudge

You are better off just paying the ticket and considering it lesson learned.

cepe10

You are better off just paying the ticket and considering it lesson learned.
Excellent advice - so instead of taking driving school or getting a possible deferment she can incur a $2000+ insurance increase. Excellent legal advice and brilliant legal strategy.

OP given your clean record and a citation not in excess of 80+ on the freeway - I would highly consider either contesting it - speed limit justified by 85% speed, current calibration within 6 months or plead guilty show your driving record and ask for driving school or deferment to keep the points off your record. You will see in court the judge will be often be fairly decent to those who show up in terms of leniency. It is almost always worth your time on a case like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">