• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Error on the ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slavica85

What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA
I received a reckless ticket in Loudoun County VA and the officer wrote under weather that it was ICE but there was no ice. Only snow on the side of the road and the road was dry. Should I mention that when I appear in court?

I would not consider this an error, being that there was piles of ice ("snow) to the sides of the road. Does the reckless charge come from your speed, or the road conditions?? If it is your speed, the snow factor will only justfy it more.

seniorjudge

Slavica85 said:
What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA
I received a reckless ticket in Loudoun County VA and the officer wrote under weather that it was ICE but there was no ice. Only snow on the side of the road and the road was dry. Should I mention that when I appear in court?
Q: Should I mention that when I appear in court?

A: No, that has nothing to do with the elements of the charge.

Leviticus

seniorjudge said:
Melinda in Missouri is a HE!?
Melinda the OP is most likely a 'she'.

But she was describing an incident involving *another driver*, a 'he'.
"...and have the driver exit the vehicle be asked to turn around so that he can be searched and placed in handcuffs?"

Zigner caught this.
"... He was released as soon as the "investigation" was complete."

I caught it.

Can you see it now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">