• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excess Of 100 Mph Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doefish

California

On October 21, I will be appearing to enter a plea for going 105 MPH on Highway 101. I have one previous ticket still affecting my DMV record and another that was over a year and a half ago. My question is, "Is there any way in hell that I can keep my license?"
If I cant drive I will be fired. If i get fired, I'm gonna be pretty screwed. I am 20 years old and have had my license since i was 18. I was in a ford Probe and the speedometer capped out at 85. now i thought this meant i had a governor and couldnt go faster than that. it appears i was wrong. Do I have a prayer?

HomeGuru

doefish said:
California

On October 21, I will be appearing to enter a plea for going 105 MPH on Highway 101.

**A: please note that the 101 was not the legal speed limit. It was the name of the highway.
I have one previous ticket still affecting my DMV record and another that was over a year and a half ago. My question is, "Is there any way in hell that I can keep my license?"

**A: no, sorry. Unless you have lights on the top of your vehicle and words across the vehicle stating police, fire or ambulance.
If I cant drive I will be fired. If i get fired, I'm gonna be pretty screwed. I am 20 years old and have had my license since i was 18. I was in a ford Probe and the speedometer capped out at 85. now i thought this meant i had a governor and couldnt go faster than that. it appears i was wrong. Do I have a prayer?
**A: you do have a governor and He'll be baaaack.

JETX

Here is a serious reply: You are an idiot if you think that we believe your claims about your speedometer!! And your an even bigger idiot if you think you have a chance of 'walking' this ticket.

Do the rest of society a favor and voluntarily revoke your driving PRIVILEGE until you realize you are clearly too immature to be given the PRIVILEGE to drive.

D

doefish

i just bought the car and that was the first time i took it on the freeway. i got up to speed, then passed a car and hit an open stretch. the struts in the car are brand new so it runs way smoother then my 89 carolla did. anyways i looked down at the speedometer and it was saying 85, so i just maintained that speed, there was no one near me for half a mile in both directions. when i looked in my rear view, i noticed a white tarus following me. then i noticed his head lights were flashing. i honestly believed i was duing no more than 90. i know that dangerous in it self but had the thing been able to read that high i would have never went past 85. i hadnt driven that fast before cause i've never had a car that could. i know i ..up but the only person in danger was me.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

knotcops

doefish said:
California

[I have one previous ticket still affecting my DMV record and another that was over a year and a half ago.

And what about insurance, do you carry it? Count on the fact that it will be cancelled.

Do you have a prayer. Of course you do. Pray to the God of stupid idiots that the court revokes your license before you kill someone!

K

knotcops

anything over the posted speed limit is illegal, open road or not. It doesn't matter how well the car handles or that you just bought it. Go home.

D

doefish

it does matter if no one was around me cause it greatly lessens the chance of me killing someone else pig. dont they teach you anything at the academy? and what makes you think only stupid people speed? everyone who uses the freeway speeds everyday. i just crossed the imaginary line between unsafe and wreckless. now can we stop telling me how stupid i am cause i know that already. i ed up and im going to have to pay and pay and pay and i dont mind that. i should have to for getting caught doing such a stupid thing. however, that does not mean i need to lose job and end up on the street.

JETX

Dotfish: What the hell did you expect from this forum?? We offer LEGAL advice, not some BS 'give the child a hug' crap!!

Simply, you were speeding in excess of the allowed speed limit. Even you admit that so what the hell did you expect.

Oh, and guess what, there is help for you after all. There is a little used defense to your actions. The law says that if someone is so dumb that they think that 85 is the limit.... and that they can't go faster cause that is as high as the speedometer shows, simply tell the judge that you want to invoke the "dumbass rule". Upon use of that rule, your cited speed limit is immediately given a 30 mph 'adjustment', so your speed will really be only 71 mph..... and you can save your license and your insurance.
So, go ahead, invoke the 'dumbass' rule. The court will take care of you.:D :D

K

KSCP

Why is it that so many people here feel the need to insult, degrade and piss off posters?

As it was said, "We offer LEGAL advice, . . . " I don't believe ""idiot" etc qualify as legal advice.

Is it really necessary to be so nasty?

HomeGuru

KSCP said:
Why is it that so many people here feel the need to insult, degrade and piss off posters?

As it was said, "We offer LEGAL advice, . . . " I don't believe "dumb ****" and "idiot" etc qualify as legal advice.

Is it really necessary to be so nasty?
**A: are you another dumbass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">