• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excessive Speed Ticket in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MMI Rider

Arizona

2 Nights ago I received an Excessive speeding ticket on my way home from school while riding my motorcycle. The officer states he clocked me at 91 and then again at 88 in a 65 zone on the I 17 Southbound. I did admit to going a bit faster than I should have but did not admit to the speed he had said I was going-so if anything id be responsible for doing 72 in a 65 zone.
I understand that it is a criminal traffic offense out here. My other problem is that I am an out of state student and I hold a CA CDL Class A lic as well. I have found discrepancies in the ticket however.

1. The report states my bike is Black however my bike is Silver. 2. The officer did not list all the Endorsements on my CDL-he did not mention the (N) Tanker endorsement. 3. The report states milepost 213 when he infact pulled me over at milepost 209. 4. He did mention the make and year of my bike but not the model nor the type of bike (ie m50 is the model-cruiser is the type)- I would think that would be important (It would be like saying he pulled over a white car when infact he pulled over a grey minivan-for instance. Using cars as reference).

Any advice would be helpful.

The Occultist

I do not find any of the discrepancies you've noticed cause for the ticket to be defective.

By the way, you're lucky you weren't arrested; they have been cracking down on criminal speeding on the 17.

MMI Rider

Well I would think that if he doesnt get the color right or write down the model of the bike then maybe he mistook me for another rider on the road- I mean the ticket is like saying he pulled over a generic motorcyclist-it would be like tagging 1 car and pulling over a completely different car. There were a good 100 other bikes on the road because my school had just gotten out. But like I had mentioned b4 any advice is helpful to me.

I_Got_Banned

I did admit to going a bit faster than I should have
That, will most likely work against you.

1. The report states my bike is Black however my bike is Silver.
As long as he listed the correct license plate number, that should be sufficient enough to identify the vehicle you were driving.

2. The officer did not list all the Endorsements on my CDL-he did not mention the (N) Tanker endorsement.
Irrelevant. As long as your license shows that you are properly licensed for the vehicle you were driving... that is all that matters.

3. The report states milepost 213 when he infact pulled me over at milepost 209.
Where he pulled you over does not matter. He is supposed to list the location where the infraction occurred.

Well I would think that if he doesnt get the color right or write down the model of the bike then maybe he mistook me for another rider on the road-
You're free to argue that the officer mistook you for another rider on the road. Does that "guarantee" you a dismissal? It depends on how he testifies/how he answers your questions (if you choose to cross examine him) about those discrepancies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">