• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired 30-day Tags

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrs.SMoore

What is the name of your state? Virginia.
I recieved a ticket to go to court because the 30-day tags on my vehicle expired and I was driving the car. However, I was driving to my rental office (It was very cold outside) My car did not leave the apartment complex. The police officer told me he saw my car earlier drive in off the public road but he was on foot and couldnt stop me at that time. Is it illegal since I was not driving on a real street at the time he pulled me over? Can he give me a ticket for something he claimed to see earlier that day? Is this worth bringing up to the judge when I go to court?

racer72

A police officer can wait up to one year to write a ticket, writing one later in the day is no problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">