• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Drivers License - GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bazeball

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Travelling overseas for work and will return when my License has expired.

Is there a grace period to renew?

What are the penalties?

I have no other outstanding issues.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Travelling overseas for work and will return when my License has expired.

Is there a grace period to renew?

What are the penalties?

I have no other outstanding issues.
Why not renew before you leave?

ETA: There is no penalty for not renewing your license, you simply are not allowed to drive in GA with your expired license. You can renew when you return.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We have to travel suddenly.
There is no penalty for not renewing your license, you simply are not allowed to drive in GA with your expired license. You can renew when you return. Just don't drive before you have renewed it.

FlyingRon

There is no penalty for not renewing your license, you simply are not allowed to drive in GA with your expired license. You can renew when you return. Just don't drive before you have renewed it.
More precisely, you can't drive ANYWHERE on your expired GA license.

It sounds like you'll be back within two years. There is a major issue if you let it expire for two years. You have to start over with the REAL ID proof of identity which has to be done in person.

With your current license, you can renew online. Why don't you do so?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">