• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired License Court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Threj

Hey all, just a quick question. I got a citation in Dakota county,MN, for an expired license and failure to show proof of insurance. I went in today and got the insurance dismissed, my question is should I show up to the court date or just pay the citation? Ive read multiple cases (in other states granted) where people with the same citation show up to court and have it completely dismissed. Which, given my current finances would be amazing, but other places Ive looked online have said if you show up and it isnt dismissed you'll be subject to court costs on top of the citation.
I had a speeding ticket about 4 years ago, and a shoplifting ticket 5 years ago (young and stupid, I learned my lesson) which im hoping wont come into play, but im hopelessly ignorant of the Gordian knot we call the law.
Any advice is much appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">