• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired tag question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynettestarr

I am in TN now and will be traveling to FL., but with an expired Florida tag (expired by 2 months as of Dec. 17th). When in FL., I will get the tag renewed but am nervous about driving through GA. I've heard I will get my van confiscated if pulled over. I do need to get to FL to get the tag renewed! What can I expect if I am pulled over?
Thank you in advance for any information.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you get caught you'll get your van impounded as well as receive a ticket. Why is your registration expired so long?

Renewing online is probably your best bet.

HighwayMan

I would assume the same thing, but...

I stopped a guy from FL a few years ago with a registration that was expired about 6 months. I took his car and plate.

He came back next day with the online renewal "confirmation" and a DMV check confirmed that the registration was suddenly valid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would assume the same thing, but...

I stopped a guy from FL a few years ago with a registration that was expired about 6 months. I took his car and plate.

He came back next day with the online renewal "confirmation" and a DMV check confirmed that the registration was suddenly valid.
Interesting...

HighwayMan

I'll have to start saving up more trivia. Maybe I can get enough to power my house for a month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">