• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EZ Pass in NY/NJ Sucks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilsister

What is the name of your state? NY

Got an Ez Pass violation which was in error. After numerous letters to the Ez Pass office, I got a letter back saying it was dismissed on Jan 21. A week later I get another notice Jan 30 saying that I still owe the money. ARGHHHHHHHH!

Anyone have any suggestions at this point to get these idiots to dismiss outright. Wasn't me. They have the wrong license plate number as evidenced in the photo they sent to me when I argued the ticket. Off by one lousy number. What's eerie is it's the same car as mine but I was enjoying a birthday party the day of the offense. EZ Pass sucks.

L

loocpoc

EZ Pass does suck. One reason why I refused to get it when I lived in PA (I used to go to NJ alot)

B

ben

Once they accused me of going 50 MPH through the toll booth.
Hummm, interesting, I actually come to a complete stop and go after the green.
I asked them for proof and they basically said they are "GOD" and don't need any proof.
Then another time I got a fine for going through a bergan county NJ GSP toll and 5 minutes later went throught the RT 17/87 exit 15 NY toll 50 miles away.

Good trick Ha? they still charged me the fine and then suspended my easy pass for 90 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">