• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fail to Appear and Driver license suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samalendu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have received a DMV notice that my license will be suspended. I have been charged with 21453AVC, 40508AVC, 405095VC, FTA (fail to appear) and asked to contact court. I didn't receive any traffic ticket/ court notice because those were sent to an older address. When i investigated, i found that DMV records were not up to date. The Driver license is updated with latest address and the Vehicle license plate was referring to my old address. I had used DMV website to change address. However, those were updated partially.

My question is should i hire attorney or appear myself before judge to get FTA charges removed? What is your suggestion?
Is this FTA also going to impact my Visa renewal/ status. Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">