• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fail to Yield to pedestrian in crosswalk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mofta7

What is the name of your state? GA

I was living in Atlanta GA and got that ticket from Georgia Tech police for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a cross walk. I have moved to California a month ago and I am getting a California licence soon. The court date is today, which I can not possibly go to. Now I want to know what my options are if I want to dispute this citation. Also what happens if I don't pay the fine? will my California licence be suspended? Is it possible to have the case transferred to a California court ?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? GA

I was living in Atlanta GA and got that ticket from Georgia Tech police for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a cross walk. I have moved to California a month ago and I am getting a California licence soon. The court date is today, which I can not possibly go to. Now I want to know what my options are if I want to dispute this citation. Also what happens if I don't pay the fine? will my California licence be suspended? Is it possible to have the case transferred to a California court ?
Let's recap, shall we?
Point A: You moved out of state a month ago.
Point B: The court date is today in GA.
Point C: You want to know what your options are.

I have one question: WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING BETWEEN POINT A AND POINT B?

That was your BEST option. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just Blue

Let's recap, shall we?
Point A: You moved out of state a month ago.
Point B: The court date is today in GA.
Point C: You want to know what your options are.

I have one question: WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING BETWEEN POINT A AND POINT B?

That was your BEST option. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just to add to this: Point C answer is: Warrant for "Failure to Appear"

mofta7

I was busy with the actual move that I forgot all about this ticket.

So, are you guys saying, that there is nothing I can do but pay and face the consequences ?

I would like to know what would happen if I don't do anything.

please advise

fairisfair

I was busy with the actual move that I forgot all about this ticket.

So, are you guys saying, that there is nothing I can do but pay and face the consequences ?

I would like to know what would happen if I don't do anything.

please advise
they already told you that. A warrant will be issued.

MadinMaine

Yes you should have taken care of it already but life happens. Call the courthouse in GA and tell them you'd like to take care of it. Pay the fine and be done with it. Guilty OR not; just pay it. That will bring a lot less angst into your life. It's just not worth the hassle, is it?

If you don't take care of it you could face arrest, jail time and a big legal bill plus fines. A friend of mine didn't get some tickets (which were mailed to her) because she moved and her ex husband just marked them return to sender. She got arrested, jailed (for about 12 hours but overnight) and it cost her over $700 before it was over.

You'll get a much more understanding response from the legal system if you take a proactive approach to this than if you wait for them to catch up with you.

IMHO,
MIM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">