• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed to signal lane change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hvypetals

This happened in NY, last night on the triboro bridge.

It was thunderstorming and not a car on my side of the bridge or toll plaza. I was in the far left lane and coming into the plaza I couldnt see the lanes due the storm and got stopped by a real pillar of society for my illegal lane change. I crossed 3 lanes approaching the booths.

All I want to know is how much is the ticket. Nothing on the back points to my violation.

Im just going to pay it. Crazy thing is I always use my blinker. And there was nobody around and it was crazy dark. Ah well what can you do? I always get caught in the "fish in a barrel" scenarios.

But how much is the violation and sur charge? The Violation is 1163D Fail to signal lane change.

Would much appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

J

The Occultist

ok i have to ask, how did you get pulled over and cited for it if there was noone around on your side of the bridge???
Haha I was thinking the same thing! That's why I always like to tell everybody, much to their great annoyance, that you should always use your blinker even if nobody's around, 'cause it's the car you don't see that's the most dangerous :cool:

jesmech

any points?

Hi hvypetals, did you get any points for this ticket? i just got this ticket as well. I need to know since I can't afford anymore tickets. Thanks a lot for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">