• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Answer Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FaithAdele

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I received a speeding ticket in Aug. 2006. 70/55 The fine was prepayable of $168. I decided rather than prepay, I would take the court date and request traffic school. I arrived on the court date only to be told that the judge was not coming in and court had been cancelled. All of the people, me included, were told that we would receive our new court dates in the mail. I did not. I happened to order a copy of my Driver Record for a new job and my license is suspended and it looks as if a warrant for my arrest is in effect for failure to appear on Aug. 2006, which I did. What do I do? If I go to the courthouse to try to pay the ticket, I'll be arrested. I have no idea what to do. I don't know what the bond for FTA is. I have children and have to have my license. I have never had a problem with the law and am scared to death. Any advice would be wonderful!

AlanShore

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I received a speeding ticket in Aug. 2006. 70/55 The fine was prepayable of $168. I decided rather than prepay, I would take the court date and request traffic school. I arrived on the court date only to be told that the judge was not coming in and court had been cancelled. All of the people, me included, were told that we would receive our new court dates in the mail. I did not. I happened to order a copy of my Driver Record for a new job and my license is suspended and it looks as if a warrant for my arrest is in effect for failure to appear on Aug. 2006, which I did. What do I do? If I go to the courthouse to try to pay the ticket, I'll be arrested. I have no idea what to do. I don't know what the bond for FTA is. I have children and have to have my license. I have never had a problem with the law and am scared to death. Any advice would be wonderful!
Why don't you start by calling the court....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">