• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is failure to appear considered a traffic violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandy

I had a ticket that I failed to pay so they suspended my license until I took care of it. Now I just had a prospective employer tell me they couldn't hire me because my license was suspended due to traffic violations. I have a chance to appeal the decision but need to know if I have a leg to stand on?

Brandy

I don't think I have that option. I have to go infront of the commission by myself and make my case. I went to the court and got a copy of the citation showing it was a speeding ticket. I also got a copy of their policy stating that if you fail to appear they will suspend your license. Then I went thru my ORC and found the punishments for speeding and that is gonna be my case. Also they already hit me on the speeding part of it in another portion of my background check.

racer72 said:
The sooner you hire an attorney, the stronger that leg will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">