• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to change address on license in tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmike_316

What is the name of your state?texas
I recieved three tickets today. One for reckless driving on motorcycle for doing a wheelie on one of the backroads outside town. The second for not having current address on drivers license and the third for something like not current address on something else i think. He never gave me a copy of the ticket or showed be the charges. He just told me to sign his little palm pilot thing. My question is , would the failure to change address be considered a moving violation.

mrmike_316

So that would be a good thing. Does that then make it a class c non-moving that could be dismissed if corrected before the court date.

Curt581

mrmike_316 said:
So that would be a good thing. Does that then make it a class c non-moving that could be dismissed if corrected before the court date.
You'd have to check with Texas DOT, or whatever, to be sure, but I'd say yes. Go get it corrected as soon as possible. It can't hurt when you go to court.

I'd be much more worried about that Reckless if I were you.

mrmike_316

he told me that the reckless would be a fine, so there isn't really anything I can do about that one. But if I can get the others dismissed that would help alot.

mrmike_316

Found out that he actually gave me a failure to control vehicle ticket. I take it that is a lesser charge since I did not go to jail and get my bike impounded. Also on my ticket he put that my bike was registered in tx, when he wrote me a ticket for not changing from la to tx. Could there be a way to get that ticket dismissed.

Curt581

mrmike_316 said:
Found out that he actually gave me a failure to control vehicle ticket. I take it that is a lesser charge since I did not go to jail and get my bike impounded.
Generally, yes. Much lower.
Also on my ticket he put that my bike was registered in tx, when he wrote me a ticket for not changing from la to tx. Could there be a way to get that ticket dismissed.
Doubtful, just based on an incorrect state indicated. A better plan would be to ask the prosecutor if he'd be willing to dismiss both the address and registration tickets if you plead guilty to the Failure to Control violation. Especially since you've corrected those. You did do that, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">