• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gins

Any advice on fighting a failure to control charge in Ohio? Both drivers involved in an accident that occurred on a street that was so slippery, a policeman fell and the large tow truck that came to pull the cars out of the ditch, started to slide down the hill even though the emergency break was on. The officer claimed he had to issue the tickets in case the insurance companies battled. My insurance is paying the damage my car caused it (the other car had already hit a mailbox and was in the ditch on my side when I came over the hill and saw the lights and was trying to slow down). Speed is not an issue as the road is 45 mph and my air bag never deployed (although I would assume I was probably going about 25 miles). Any help is appreciated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gins said:
Any advice on fighting a failure to control charge in Ohio? Both drivers involved in an accident that occurred on a street that was so slippery, a policeman fell and the large tow truck that came to pull the cars out of the ditch, started to slide down the hill even though the emergency break was on. The officer claimed he had to issue the tickets in case the insurance companies battled. My insurance is paying the damage my car caused it (the other car had already hit a mailbox and was in the ditch on my side when I came over the hill and saw the lights and was trying to slow down). Speed is not an issue as the road is 45 mph and my air bag never deployed (although I would assume I was probably going about 25 miles). Any help is appreciated.

Actually you failed to control. If the street was so slippery you needed to slow down even more than 25 mph regardless of what the speed limit was. You have an obligation and responsibility to drive your car safely and keep control of it at all times. You failed to do that. Therefore your car went out of of control. the officer may have fallen however his car didn't go off the road. The tow truck may have slid but didn't hit anything. They controlled their cars in the same situation you were in. You didn't and ended up in an accident. Hence failure to control.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">