• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to control ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachanachoudary

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ohio
I had a car accident. I am an international student and just got my license 2 months back. I was driving on I75 at the speed of 60mph [speed limit was 65mph] the steerin suddenly started rotating by itself I dont what was happening i tried to hold it straight but it didnot stop i hit the wall of the under bridge completely damaging the car. The cop later told me that steering rotated by itself cause it was skid on the ice. till then iwas not eevn able to understand why that even happened ,i know its wierd but i thought that some external force was controlling the steering but that was the time i could see death infront me. I came to united states only 1 year back and this is my first experience of ddriving in the snow. we never have snow in my home country so i dont know any thing about it. i was basically shocked to see the steering rotating by itself. cop gave me a ticket for failure of control what are my chances of getting the ticket dismissed and if i cant get it dismissed how many points will i get and how much fine would i have to pay? the accident happened due to my lack of knowledge about ice driving and each person cant have knowledge about everything and i was scaredWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If they don't have snow and ice where you're from you should still realize that it reduces your traction and your ability to control the car so you should be driving more slowly until you get the feel of it.

Your ignorance of "ice driving" is not an excuse and it will get you nowhere in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">