• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to DIM high beams (need advice).

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futomame

I live in California but ticket was issued in Idaho.
I was in a rental car ('06/07 Jeep Liberty).
The lights seemed to be miss aligned (not professionally inspected) judging by the light path going into oncoming traffic and also that almost 99% of the cars coming at us were flashing there high-beams at us thinking we were high-beaming them.

Cop pulled us over stating we were high beaming him. I told him not only did we not have our high beams on but we flashed him twice to let him know we didn't. He said he did not see either flash and that he has been in law envorcement for 20years and he knows what high-beams are. He then proceeded to step in front of the vehicle about 15ft and had us turn on our lights. He could tell from there that we had our high-beams on.

My question: Is there anything we can do?? I mean if he wants to give us a ticket for high-beams even though I know I didn't, can we fight it? Its basically our word vs. his word, right? I've asked the rental company to investigate the car and they never did, it went right back to another rental.

Go to court and explain to the judge - bring witnesses if available. You did not break the law as written since you had it on the low beam.

futomame

Does anyone know for sure if this is a moving violation? If so, then I will try to fight it. If not, then its not worth my time because I would have to travel to Idaho to go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">