• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Obey Steady Red - PA Moving Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwmarshall12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Bensalem, PA

Sunday Morning around 2:30AM I was pulled over for failure to stop at a steady red signal. The driving conditions that morning were not typical, we recently had some snow which turned to ice later Saturday/Early Sunday. By the time that light went to red I had to make a split second decision slam on my brakes and possibly hit black ice and slide into the intersection which may have caused an accident or harm someone or step on it. By the time I was in the middle of the intersection, all lights were red so it was not as if I ran the red light when the other side had the green. Anyway long story short, $111 fine plus X amount of points. I talked to two police officers in surroinding philadelphia area and was informed that I did make a good decision but it still is what it is but if there were there they would of not wrote me the ticket. How likely am I to beat this ticket if I go to court?

Also if I was to slide into that intersection and hit the police car what additional charges could have been brought upon to me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Bensalem, PA

Sunday Morning around 2:30AM I was pulled over for failure to stop at a steady red signal. The driving conditions that morning were not typical, we recently had some snow which turned to ice later Saturday/Early Sunday. By the time that light went to red I had to make a split second decision slam on my brakes and possibly hit black ice and slide into the intersection which may have caused an accident or harm someone or step on it. By the time I was in the middle of the intersection, all lights were red so it was not as if I ran the red light when the other side had the green. Anyway long story short, $111 fine plus X amount of points. I talked to two police officers in surroinding philadelphia area and was informed that I did make a good decision but it still is what it is but if there were there they would of not wrote me the ticket. How likely am I to beat this ticket if I go to court?

Also if I was to slide into that intersection and hit the police car what additional charges could have been brought upon to me?
If you were unable to stop in time for a red light, then you were traveling too fast for conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">