• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to obey traffic control device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pureblood

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Well I got pulled over today and the officer said I was speeding. He said I was going 62 in 45. He asked if I knew why I was pulled over and I said no because I really didn't know. He said I was speeding. I wasn't even paying attention to the speedometer because there was people passing me. I gave him my license and registration and he said he was just going to give me a ticket about not obeying the signs instead of a speeding ticket so that I wouldn't get points.

Plus he kept saying it's up to you if you fight this just make sure you call this number within 10 days. I honestly don't know how fast I was going but I know other people were passing me. It's a $110 fine and I'm a poor college student (Actually I have the money I just don't want to pay it.)

If I were to go back where it happened and there are no speed limit signs where I was on the highway would I be able to do anything about. I was only on about 3/4 mile stretch of roads.

Or should I just suck it up and pay it. Any advice is appreciated. I was never pulled over before.

well, he would have to testify that you passed a sign. ask him when you entered the highway as first ? then go from there

Is there info on your ticket regarding how speed was determined? If not then how could he say you were doing 62 no matter what the speed limit is?

However if I received a 3111 (Failure to obey) and the ticket had the proper info on it (doesn't matter how fast you think you were going unless you could prove it) I would most likely just pay it since it is like a "get out of paying the insurance rate increase due to points for a $110 card".

Good luck whatever you decide.

ecmst12

When they give you a ticket for failure to obey signs instead of a regular speeding ticket, they are doing you a big favor, I don't think it would have been a good idea to fight it because you could have ended up paying more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">