• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Prosecute as a cause to dismiss would be how many months?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StuckinNewYork

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY State. I got a ticket in November 2008, and we have not gone to court yet. I am supposed to be there on Tuesday. Has enough time passed, where I could claim, "non speedy trial", or "failure to prosecute". Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

Your time to invoke your right to a speedy trial is when you asked for the trial. You waived this right when you did not ask for it.

Jim_bo

Racer,

Do you have a statute that states what you described? The reason I ask is that there are many people who think that the right to a speedy trial must actually be requested in CA... but that is wrong. It is a misunderstanding by many people here. Just wondering if NY is really that different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">